1. What data do we collect?
We may collect the following data –
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, date of birth, gender, passport or national ID card data.
- Contact Data includes postal address, email address, telephone numbers and instant messaging account details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments processed via our Site.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, locale, UTM parameters, attribution parameters, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system, platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Site.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, bookings made by you, your interests, the city or property you are interested in, your study course and destination, preferences (e.g. roommate, dates, budget), guarantor information, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Site.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties and your communication preferences.
2. How do we collect your data?
You may provide personal information when communicating with us (for example, if you contact us or visit our website); Register online or place an order for any of our products or services; Procure any third party product/service through our Website; Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email; Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies, we will collect information about your tastes and preferences both as and when you tell us what these are and also by analysis of User traffic, including by using cookies (as described below).
3. How will we use your data?
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to process your application for a accommodation;
- to administer your accommodation;
- to communicate with you and respond to your requests;
- to process payments
- to recover any unpaid sums due to us;
- to prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to our property;
- to invite you to form part of our consumer panel or research groups;
- where we have your consent to do so, to contact you about other products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- to personalize your visits to our website; and to help us develop the design and layout of our website to ensure it is as useful and enjoyable as possible.
- to provide you the various products/services available on our platform
- to conduct research and analysis of your behavior on our website to help improve our products/services/website
- to share with third parties whose services you may opt to avail through our website
- When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
4. How do we store your data?
We store your data on secure servers to which access is restricted to our authorized personnel on a need to know basis. Your data is hosted on an Amazon Web Services Datacenter located in Mumbai. Our Company will keep your data for the entire period for which you continue to be registered with on our website. Post a request for deletion of your registration or otherwise we may continue to retain any and all data with respect to any transactions conducted by you on our Website for the purchase of any product or services. Further, we may also retain such data as may be required to resolve any dispute that may be raised by you in the future or any data that e may be required to retain due to any applicable laws.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Our Company Group. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
6. What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
7. What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser, or stored as a temporary object in your web browser for the time of that connection.
The type of cookie that we use is known as a ‘session-based’ cookie and is allocated to your computer only for the duration of your visit to our web site. The second type of cookie is known as a ‘persistent’ cookie. These cookies will remain on your computer for a period of time set for each cookie.
How you can refuse or opt out of cookies: Most browsers are set by default to accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance and prompt you every time a cookie is sent to you or to allow you to choose not to receive cookies at all. For further information on cookies and how to manage them you can go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
9. How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
10. Privacy policies of other websites
12. How to contact us